The benefits that retractable awnings provide
Retractable awnings still aren’t a household phrase, but when it comes to the benefits they provide, some are more obvious than others.
If you’ve seen awnings suspended from businesses or houses, you immediately catch on to the fact that they create shade, transforming a sauna-like space on pavement, deck, balcony, patio, or poolside into a relaxed, multi-use area.
More money in your bank account, enhanced home interiors, novel outdoor environments, and a vivid, creative aesthetic. This article breaks down four of the “insider” benefits that retractable awnings provide, highlighting the reasons that they’re attracting a growing consumer base.
Save you money
This happens via the energy savings that result when you install awnings strategically above over-heated windows (typically on the east, west, and south sides of a building). Research funded by the Professional Awning Manufacturers Association demonstrates that awnings have the ability to lower inside temperatures by up to 15 degrees, cutting air conditioning use by anywhere from 25 to 33 percent.
Hard to believe? Not when you take into account the fact that awnings cut direct glare from sunlight by 94 percent. The variables in the equation are the utility rates and climates in your region. These numbers are supported by statistics from the American Society of Heating and Air Conditioning Engineers. The bottom line is considerable money saved on energy costs, increased resale values, and an investment that more than pays for itself over the course of a couple summers.
Add a more open, spacious atmosphere to the interior of your home
This might seem to run counter to logic, but follow me. Do you ever find yourself yanking down the blinds to cool down rooms that feel more like a desert than an oasis? Are there rooms in your house that you avoid during the hottest times of the day?
If so, installing awnings on the exterior of your home will directly affect the interior by controlling the blistering sunlight and taming its rays to create a cooler, filtered environment inside. That results in a more open, hospitable vibe because you won’t need to pull the blinds. You’ll be using the sunlight on your terms instead of being a solar slave.
Result in exciting new atmosphere
I haven’t talked up the “retractable” aspect of this awning explanation so far, so let me mention it here. It comes into play when you consider the various ways a single outdoor space can be used. Awnings that can be raised (“retracted”) and lowered at the push of a button allow property owners to exploit the advantages of all kinds of weather short or a violent storm.
Have you ever chatted over coffee while rain fell around (but not on) you? Ever stretched out for a morning tan, then converted your patio to a shady refuge for the afternoon? Ever taken your time over an outdoor meal on a summer night–and then, at the push of a button—watched the stars appear above you as the sun went down?
Awnings with the instantaneous flexibility of the retractable models give you opportunities to enjoy outdoor experiences you probably haven’t encountered before, especially on your property.
Add a creative vibe to your residence
If you’re a Do-It-Yourself type, you’ll understand this part right away. Awnings are manufactured in a wide variety of colors, sizes, and patterns, and add instant curb appeal to a home or business. A flexible architectural element, they can be adapted for any building or color scheme. Pioneering homeowners are finding ways to extend the existing interior styles of their houses into the outdoors by coordinating colors and motifs. Since awnings cost less than any “permanent” architectural addition, they’re cost effective and painless to install.
So there you have it. Awnings are good for shade, but there are plenty of other reasons that home and business owners are increasingly starting to invest in awnings.
The benefits that retractable awnings provide
- A Guide to Getting a Quality Glass Conservatory
- How to identify a good maid agency
- The Upsides and Downsides of Living in an Apartment
- How to Keep Your House Safe from Bugs
- Home organization and storage tips for small spaces
- Essentials in Designing your Garden
- Things to consider when looking for an auto locksmith
- How to choose a pressure washer
- Why You Need To Hire A Carpet Cleaning Company
- Why Buy a Condo
- Choosing the Best Condos
- Responsibilities Of Water Damage Restoration Company
- Tips For Maintaining Your Home Heating And Cooling Systems
- Qualities Of A Good Wooden Floor Company
- Home Renovation Ideas & Tips
- Factors That Make an Excellent Condo Developer like Greenpark Homes
- How To Hire The Best Roofing Company
- Benefits Of Professional Carpet Cleaning Services
- The benefits that retractable awnings provide
- Factors To Consider When Choosing Rain Gutter Installers
- Benefits Of Double Glazed Units To Homeowners
- Knoxville Plumbing: Choosing A Plumber
- The Most Effective Techniques Waterproofing Homes in Toronto
- Great Strategies for Landscaping
- What Are Some Key Features of Shower Wall Panels?
- Benefits of Selecting Icon Building Group in Chicago
- For The Homeowner: Basic Home Security Tips To Keep The Home Safe From Burglars
- Fix Noisy Pipes – Water Pressure Issues
- Basic bathroom Benefits Building Burglars carpet cleaning carpet cleaning services Chicago Choosing cleaning services Condo Developer doors double glazed units Excellent Factors Fix For From Greenpark Group Home Homeowner Homes Icon Issues Keep Knoxville Make Noisy Pipes Plumber Plumbing Polishing Pressure professional carpet cleaning Safe Security Selecting The Tips To Water windows