Fix Noisy Pipes – Water Pressure Issues
Release yourself from the stress of noisy water pipes
Noisy water pipes can be a real hassle. Not only can they keep you awake at night with their clanking and their ghostly whines, they can also scare your pets and interfere with the enjoyment of relaxing in a perfectly quiet home. More seriously, they can indicate a problem that can damage the joints in your water pipe. Noisy water pipes are often the result of a water pressure issue.
High pressure and ‘the water hammer’
More specifically, high water pressure (especially in combination with narrowed pipes) is the main culprit here. When high pressure water rushes through a pipe and meets with a restriction such as a closed valve or a blockage in the pipe, the result is a loud din. This din is often known as a ‘water hammer’.
How can noisy pipes be fixed
There are two main ways to fix noisy pipes resulting from the water pressure issues described above. The first is installing or replenishing an air chamber, and the second is tightening the mounting straps.
An air cushion is, as its name suggests, a cushion of air placed inside a water pipe before a valve or before a part of the pipe where it gets narrower. This pocket of air cushions the flow of high pressure water, slowing it down and stopping it from getting noisy. A plumber can instal an air cushion in your pipes, and indeed water pipes usually come with air cushions ready installed. If your water pipes are getting noisy, chances are that one of the air cushions has disappeared.
Replenishing an air cushion
Luckily, replenishing an air cushion is quite simple. Simply shut off your water’s main supply valve and open the house’s highest faucet (for instance the one in the bathroom on the top floor). Now, turn on the lowest faucet in the building. Water will then drain completely from your pipes. As the water drains away, it will be replaced by air. Now, switch off the lowest faucet and re-open the main supply valve. This will create air cushions, and thus eliminate the noise that you had previously heard in your pipes.
Loose mounting straps are another common cause of noisy pipes. When water (especially water at a high pressure) flows through a pipe that is loosely mounted, it will rattle and cause an annoying noise. The simple solution here is just to tighten up the mounting straps so that your pipes are held firmly in place.
Fix Noisy Pipes – Water Pressure Issues
- Home organization and storage tips for small spaces
- Essentials in Designing your Garden
- Things to consider when looking for an auto locksmith
- How to choose a pressure washer
- Why You Need To Hire A Carpet Cleaning Company
- How to identify a good maid agency
- Why Buy a Condo
- Choosing the Best Condos
- Responsibilities Of Water Damage Restoration Company
- Tips For Maintaining Your Home Heating And Cooling Systems
- Qualities Of A Good Wooden Floor Company
- Home Renovation Ideas & Tips
- Factors That Make an Excellent Condo Developer like Greenpark Homes
- How To Hire The Best Roofing Company
- Benefits Of Professional Carpet Cleaning Services
- The benefits that retractable awnings provide
- Factors To Consider When Choosing Rain Gutter Installers
- Benefits Of Double Glazed Units To Homeowners
- Knoxville Plumbing: Choosing A Plumber
- The Most Effective Techniques Waterproofing Homes in Toronto
- Great Strategies for Landscaping
- What Are Some Key Features of Shower Wall Panels?
- Benefits of Selecting Icon Building Group in Chicago
- For The Homeowner: Basic Home Security Tips To Keep The Home Safe From Burglars
- Fix Noisy Pipes – Water Pressure Issues
- Basic bathroom Benefits Building Burglars carpet cleaning carpet cleaning services Chicago Choosing cleaning services Condo Developer doors double glazed units Excellent Factors Fix For From Greenpark Group Home Homeowner Homes Icon Issues Keep Knoxville Make Noisy Pipes Plumber Plumbing Polishing Pressure professional carpet cleaning Safe Security Selecting The Tips To Water windows